Delhi Gymkhana Club
Legacy Through History
About Delhi Gymkhana Club
The Delhi Gymkhana Club is one of the oldest Clubs in India. It moved to its present location on the 3rd July 1913. It was then called the “Imperial Delhi Gymkhana Club” and Mr. Spencer Harcourt Butler was its first President. When India gained Independence in 1947, the word “Imperial” was dropped and it was simply known as “Delhi Gymkhana Club”
Facilities @ Delhi Gymkhana Club
The Library is as old as the Club. From a mere 500 books in the 30s the number of books in the Library has increased to approx 35000. About 1100 – 1200 books are added every year. In addition, the library provides to its members 85 newspapers and periodicals published both in India and abroad.